A SAFE HAVEN FOR NEWBORNS
Gloria M. Silverio Foundation, 501©3, Nonprofit…Miami, Florida 33166
“A Safe Haven for Newborns” is dedicated to reaching young women across Florida, who are hiding their pregnancy, who might otherwise abandon their unwanted newborn, an unthinkable act, but an act of panicked desperation by mothers who believe themselves to be abandoned, without support or resources. We are the safety net, possibly the last resort for a girl or mother at her moment of crisis, very often facing life and death issues. Hundreds of precious newborns now have a future to be all they can be and thousands of women have been assisted in their time of crisis. Visit our website at www.asafehavenfornewborns.com.
Position: Office Administrator
What’s your motivation? Opportunity, creativity, contribution, PASSION FOR WHAT WE DO. It’s all part of working for “A Safe Haven for Newborns” where you can achieve personal fulfillment and truly “make a difference”. The position will report to the Founder and CEO.
- Responsible for all office-related duties: including all correspondence, filing, reports, meeting minutes, and maintaining organizational filing systems (manual or electronic), and office supplies.
- Maintain the Safe Haven databases: donors & prospects, grants, referral services, volunteers & collaborators.
- Assist with growing the Safe Haven Volunteer network/projects & Ambassador program.
- Provide resources to our Safe Haven partners & collateral materials to our statewide collaborators.
- Maintain Safe Haven archives (articles/photos/videos).
- On-going Social Media outreach & maintain analytics to include at a minimum: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Linkedin & Podcasting…Advancing our mission & presence.
- Produce Monthly newsletter-“News from A Safe Haven for Newborns”.
- Special projects as assigned by Founder/CEO, (i.e., various helpline call issues).
- Ensure best practices are followed.
- Excellent organization skills (oral & written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking, working under pressure & exceptional interpersonal skills over the phone & in person.,.
- Requires: initiative, accuracy, diplomacy, discretion, personal judgment, professional appearance, and conduct.
- Must have computer experience and skills in the use of software programs such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and some experience with graphic design products.
- Proficient with major social media sites, including Podcasting.
- Bachelor’s degree: Public Administration, Social Services or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, a plus.
- Valid Florida driver’s license, safe driving record & proof of auto liability insurance.
Join us in our life-saving mission….become a member of our Safe Haven family. Interested candidates are asked to submit by email, a resume with a cover letter and salary history to:
email@example.com. All applications will be acknowledged.
We look forward to hearing from you. Nick Silverio, Founder, C.E.O.