Aug 26, 2010 – “Safe Haven for Newborns”
Dear Friends of “Safe Haven”,
Well, we have been quite busy; eight (8) precious lives have been saved at “Safe Havens” this year and we are most thankful to report that no newborns were abandoned and left in unsafe places.
Our 24/7 referral, multilingual helpline continues to assist pregnant girls/women in need/crisis. The One to One assistance includes but not limited to:
o Assisting pregnant girls/mothers with the Safe Haven option.
o Referral assistance with any pregnant related issues including arranging for testing, medical care and counseling (before and after birth of the child).
(Primary Referrals: Healthy Start, Healthy Families, Hospitals, Florida Department of Health, Crisis Pregnancy Centers, Counselors and more…..)
In the area of “Safe Haven” programs.
• We launched our new website www.asafehavenfornewborns.com
which more clearly describes what we do and will better facilitate the processing of donations. Please give us your feedback. We really want to know what you think! A section of the site is being translated to Spanish and will be available soon. We want to acknowledge and sincerely thank Simple Software for their outstanding work and professionalism in developing our new site. They are great to work with.
• Web based Education and Training for “Safe Haven” facilities: Hospitals and Fire/EMS is now available on our website, eligible for one CEU. We have beta tested it and have received excellent feedback. Education is also available for Law Enforcement. Please email us for password access.
• A ten (10) minute “Safe Haven” educational video will be available in the fall to all public and private middle and high schools in Florida. We are sincerely thankful to Miami-Dade College North Campus, School of Entertainment and Design Technology for providing their services. The staff is very professional, wonderful to work with and truly believe in “Giving Back”. The video consists of a student actress, real Nurse, Firefighter and Police Officer. The main message we are conveying is, if you are hiding your pregnancy or know someone who is: there are many options available to get help. We are working on the rollout implementation plan as of this writing. Please let us know if you have contacts, ideas, regarding the school districts in your county…
• “Safe Haven” video contest – Eligible participants are middle and high school students (public and private) who must have a school sponsor and parental consent. All participating students will receive 120 community hours upon successful submission of their video, per the contest rules and guidelines.
The contest winner will receive a certificate, their video will be placed on our website, our social networks and they will participate in a Pizza celebration in their community, hosted by “Safe Haven”.
• Social Networks: We are now active on the Social Networks: Face book – Join our cause-, Twitter, LinkedIn….. Please join us and refer your Friends to “Safe Haven”.
• Please join and support us:
The Doral Business Council – Women’s Alliance Group’s second Annual Luncheon benefiting “A Safe Haven for Newborns” will be held at the InterContinental Hotel/ Doral Miami on Thursday, October 7th, 2010, sponsored by Palmetto General Hospital.
Reservations: $60.00 per person.
Table Sponsors: $750.00 includes – 10 seats, table signage, mention in the program, goodie bag item.
We are very grateful for the support of the Women’s Alliance Group. They are truly “making a difference” in their community. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend. If you are not able to attend, please consider a donation. We need your support.
Please support “Safe Haven’s” mission of saving precious lives. I thank you on behalf of each little one saved. Our mission continues……….saving one life at a time.
Nick Silverio, Founder
Gloria M. Silverio Foundation 501(c)3 – ” A Safe Haven for Newborns”.
6801 NW 77th Ave., Suite 404, Miami, FL 33166.
Phone:(305) 882 1304 ext:103, Fax:(305) 889 0017
To learn more please visit: www.asafehavenfornewborns.com
A newborn left under the “Safe Haven” program, either by the Letter of the Law or Spirit of the Law was not abandoned. We receive so many requests to adopt a “Safe Haven” baby. Realistically, it is virtually impossible to ask for and expect to adopt one of these children. The adoption process is regulated by the State of Florida and is the same process for all children that are placed with adoption agencies. To learn more about Adoption visit our website.