A “Safe Haven for Newborns” is here to help pregnant teens and women of all ages, from the time you find out you are pregnant and throughout your pregnancy, and even after the baby is born. We want you to know there is help before you reach a moment of crisis in deciding what to do.
- If you are pregnant or think you are pregnant and do not know what to do
- If you are hiding your pregnancy or know someone who is
- If you are pregnant and not receiving medical care.
- If you are pregnant and in an abusive situation.
- If you are pregnant and homeless or soon to be homeless.
- If you are pregnant and considering the “Safe Haven” option or want to know more about the program.
We care about you and want you to know you are not alone. We are here to help. Your call is confidential.
We understand that finding out you are pregnant can be scary. We know it takes a great deal of courage to seek help when you are pregnant and don’t know what to do. We understand you may have mixed feelings about your baby. We are here to help you, not judge you. vs. the tragic alternative of abandonment.
We want to help you as you make the best decision for you and your baby. This might be counseling, parenting, health issues, adoption or confidentially placing your newborn baby at a “Safe Haven for Newborns Facility”.
The mother or the father of a newborn can leave the baby with a staff member at a “Safe Haven for Newborns Facility, Hospital or 24/7 Fire/EMS Station. The law says you will remain anonymous – you don’t have to tell anyone who you are, your name, or your baby’s name. If you share any information with us; we will not share that information with anyone.