A SAFE HAVEN FOR NEWBORNS
Gloria M. Silverio Foundation, 501©3, Not-for-profit “A Safe Haven for Newborns” Miami, Florida 33166
“A Safe Haven for Newborns” is dedicated to reaching young women across Florida, who are hiding their pregnancy, who might otherwise abandon their unwanted newborn. While an unthinkable act, it is an act of panicked desperation by mothers who believe themselves to be abandoned, without support or resources. We are the safety net, possibly the last resort for a girl or mother at her moment of crisis, very often facing life and death issues. Hundreds of precious newborns now have a future to be all they can be with thousands of women assisted in their time of crisis. Visit our web site at www.asafehavenfornewborns.com.
*Position Description: Fundraiser Ambassador
Reporting to the Founder and CEO, the Fundraising Ambassador will be responsible for leading all fundraising efforts to ensure Safe Haven delivers the necessary programs and services to the community and continued organizational growth and sustainability. The individual will manage 4 major annual fundraising events (Gala, Golf tournament, 5K Run/Walk, Virtual Telethon) along with a professional event planner. The Fundraiser Ambassador will focus specifically on raising funds for these events and all other funding campaigns for future sustainability.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward high priority prospects including, individuals, private foundations and corporations.
- Engage, retain and increase existing donor and sponsor support.
- Develop strategies, promotional methods & giving campaigns
- Maintain existing donor/prospect information and activities.
- Forecast and evaluate the potential of each fundraising campaign.
- Active participation on all fundraising committees and volunteer management
- Ensure best practices are followed and targeted fundraising goals achieved.
- Success in building strong, effective philanthropic relationships – including prospect identification, engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Experience with fundraising events to engage donors.
- Experience with social media, advancing Safe Haven’s mission and presence.
- MINIMUM TWO YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH A PROVEN TRACK RECORD OF FUNDRAISING SUCCESS IN THE SOUTH FLORIDA AREA. MUST RESIDE IN THE SOUTH FLORIDA AREA. NOT A REMOTE JOB.
- College degree in public relations, sales, marketing, fundraising or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual is a plus.
- Valid Florida’s driver license, safe driving record & proof of auto liability insurance.
- Strong communication skills to write and speak passionately and persuasively.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented with proven organizational skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills, with dynamic capacity to inspire new donor support.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, create captivating presentations.
Join us in our life saving mission and become a member of our Safe Haven family. Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume with cover letter explaining why you believe your background matches our job requirements and salary history to us.
We look forward to hearing from you…
Nick Silverio, Founder & C.E.O.
Please email your resume to Nick Silverio at firstname.lastname@example.org